On Thu, 9 Aug 2018, Daniel Victoria wrote:

The lat/long coordinates you get from DB.out.ogr probably comes from your
vector attributes, which contains the old coordinates.

Daniel,

  Yes, that's the source since db.out.ogr dumps the attribute table.

When you project the data in Grass, the coordinates in the vector geometry
are updated but the attribute table is not changed.

  Ah, I didn't consider this. Makes sense

Try using v.to.db to add the coordinates of each point to the attribute
table and then export it using DB.out.ogr.

  Sure. I can call the new columns 'east' and 'north'.

Thanks,

Rich