Hi Peter,

Under the hood, Graylog server uses UTC to work with timezones, and the web
interface uses the user timezone to adjust some messages timestamps. Usually
you set all components to the same timezone (to avoid problems, the one where
you are or your other computers use), and then each user can change the
timezone they see by adjusting it in their preferences page.

As you are using the omnibus package, you can use the `sudo graylog-ctl
set-timezone <zone acronym>` command to adjust the timezone for the Graylog
root user, and your system. Don't forget to run `sudo graylog-ctl reconfigure`
after using the previous command.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Edmundo