I did something similar as a proof of concept but it was far from elegant.

In short:

1. Use nxlog to listen to a file and configure a rule that uses the date of the
log message and not the current date (which it would do if we don't create this
rule)
2. Use something that reads your log file(s) one line at a time and appends
each line to the file being monitored by nxlog

*in some cases the date time format is not directly parseable by nxlog and a
script is required to parse on the correct format.

https://nxlog.org/node/295#idp9098336

Sorry this is so convoluted. This is a feature that has been requested so it is
possible we may see a native way to do this in the future.