I now have both servers using the same mongo, and as far as I can tell
everything works. But I'm back to the same problem with an admin logged
into the slave having the ability to accidentally or intentionally delete
indices.  The reader account is pretty much useless. I realize it's
possible to create dashboards and streams to return some functionality. Up
to now I had no reason or desire to do so. I have no reason to limit anyone
from what they can search, and I want them to see the sources and stats. I
would much prefer an account that looks almost identical to admin, but
prevents one from changing various inputs/settings or deleting indices. I
think we need a third superuser account type. I have seen similar feedback
from others here.

What to do?