Hi,
you could check if the Gelf port on the Graylog side is exactly the same as
on the Nxlog sender side, usually 12201. Go to System->Inputs (the input
should have a green badge 'running') verify the port number with the one
you configured for nxlog in the collector configuration.
Another thing, Windows is not sending logs all the time so maybe you just
need to create an event that is triggering a log e.g. opening the control
panel?

If that doesn't help please post the generated nxlog configuration, maybe
there is something obvious.

On 7 July 2016 at 18:11, Kev Johnson <k...@drunkmonkey.co.uk> wrote:

> Firstly: I love the idea of being able to push out updated configuration
> files to my collectors. That said: I'm having issues getting logs to my
> Graylog box (deployed from the OVA)
>
> Steps taken so far are as follows
>

>    - Installed NXlogCE
>    - Uninstalled the NXlog service
>    - Installed the Graylog Collector Sidecar
>    - Edited the sidecar_collector.yml file to point to my Graylog server,
>    and remove the reference to IIS
>    - Installed the Graylog Collector Sidecar service
>    - Started the Graylog Collector Sidecar service
>    - Created a configuration (Windows Logs, ship to the UDP GELF Input
>    defined on my Graylog box)
>    - Created a tag called Windows and applied it to this configuration
>

> I see the nxlog.conf get created on the Windows server, I see nxlog.exe
> start up on server, but nothing is sent. TCPDump on the Graylog server
> shows only the TCP connections in on port 12900 from the Windows server.
>
> Any advice on troubleshooting this would be much appreciated!

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/graylog2/526b544e-bf0b-4383-9819-61ae5f3ebfcd%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/graylog2/526b544e-bf0b-4383-9819-61ae5f3ebfcd%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Developer

Tel.: +49 (0)40 609 452 077
Fax.: +49 (0)40 609 452 078

TORCH GmbH - A Graylog Company
Poolstraße 21
20335 Hamburg
Germany

https://www.graylog.com <https://www.torch.sh/>

Commercial Reg. (Registergericht): Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 125175
Geschäftsführer: Lennart Koopmann (CEO)