Hej Jamie,
On to my question.  I have a graylog server that is only doing graylog and
mongodb that I spun up from the ova.  I have setup two seperate ova instances
to be elasticsearch nodes only.  My question is, when the logs come in to the
graylog server (Just from windows at the moment) are they stored on the graylog
server, or do I need to add space to the elasticsearch nodes?  I am getting
confused about elasticsearch in this equation and the indices page.  Even after
reading info in Elasticsearch's home website it's still fuzzy after I read it.
Just want to ensure that I have the correct amount of hard drive space for each
node in the cluster.  FYI: I have expanded the graylog server's HD to 100gigs
since I figured that's where the logs are being kept.  Just wanting to make
sure that I am right in this assumption.

In the Setup, you describe the Messages will be stored on the Elasticsearch
nodes.

Think of them like Database Server where the Content is stored and the Graylog
Server is the Application that requests the Information from the Database.
Additional Graylog does the processing of the Messages before they are inserted
into the Database.

That means you need some storage on your Graylog System for the Journal ( which
is a queue that is used if you have any issues with your Elasticsearch setup )
but most of the space is needed for the Data directory of your Elasticsearch
Nodes.

kind regards

Jan