Hi,

we're developing an OS ES security plugin
(https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard) and are interested in this
as well. From your explanation, it seems that Graylog connects to ES the
same way as tribe nodes do (tribe nodes also open non-data, non-master
nodes for each cluster they talk to). We're just about to release tribe
support, and for it to work, we  also had to add our own plugins to the
embedded client nodes. So I'm just wondering what exact problems you run
into. Is there anything we can help you with regarding this functionality?

Thanks,

Jochen