Hi,

Phil already mentioned the part of the Graylog documentation explaining how
to expand the disk space in the virtual machine appliances:
http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.1/pages/configuration/graylog_ctl.html#extend-ova-disk

You can also activate a better compression in Elasticsearch at the expense
of CPU usage:

   -

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/2.4/index-modules.html#_static_index_settings
   - https://www.elastic.co/blog/elasticsearch-storage-the-true-story-2.0
   -
   https://www.elastic.co/blog/store-compression-in-lucene-and-elasticsearch

And of course there's always the possibility to tune your index retention
settings to simply keep less logs on the System / Indices page of the
Graylog web interface.

Cheers,
Jochen