Changing how long we hold onto logs, currently 90 days, isn't negotiable at
least until we pull the trigger on an Enterprise license to enable
archiving and restore.  The links you provided didn't immediately make
sense to me but I will work on digesting them, thank you.

So I assume that the scenario I initially thought of adding another HDD,
copying data over, and defining the new path, wouldn't work?