Hi Steve,
Filebeat currently doesn't support multiple outputs in the way NXlog is
doing it. There is a ticket for it here:
https://github.com/Graylog2/collector-sidecar/issues/57
In the end we will allow only one output per beat instance and show some
message in the web interface.

Cheers,
Marius

On 22 September 2016 at 17:12, Steve Kuntz <stephen.ku...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night,
>
> I'm probably missing or misunderstanding something or missing some
> documentation that says this is not supported but here goes...
>
> When I configure multiple outputs in my Beats Collector Sidecar
> configuration in the web interface only one seems to make it to the
> filebeats.xml configuration file. Each prospector below is configured to
> forward to a different beats output. I've tried using one collector
> configuration for both files and separating the configurations into to 2
> collector configurations but it seams that both prospectors always makes it
> to the yml by only one output.
>
> filebeat:
>   prospectors:
>   - document_type: log
>     fields:
>       gl2_source_collector: f48c9289-cc7c-4f40-84b8-38ba2d30b04c
>     ignore_older: 0
>     input_type: log
>     paths:
>     - /dev/shm/varnishncsa.log
>     scan_frequency: 10s
>     tail_files: true
>   - document_type: log
>     fields:
>       gl2_source_collector: f48c9289-cc7c-4f40-84b8-38ba2d30b04c
>     ignore_older: 0
>     input_type: log
>     paths:
>     - /var/log/nginx/*.log
>     scan_frequency: 10s
>     tail_files: true
> output:
>   logstash:
>     hosts:
>     - graylogdmz.storm.dmz:5045
>

> Thanks
>
> --
> msgid/graylog2/b220fbcc-62e7-491d-bb54-c25d181da7f8%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/graylog2/b220fbcc-62e7-491d-bb54-c25d181da7f8%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Developer

Tel.: +49 (0)40 609 452 077
Fax.: +49 (0)40 609 452 078

TORCH GmbH - A Graylog Company
Poolstraße 21
20335 Hamburg
Germany

https://www.graylog.com <https://www.torch.sh/>

Commercial Reg. (Registergericht): Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 125175
Geschäftsführer: Lennart Koopmann (CEO)