Hi,

you first have to fix the cluster health state of your Elasticsearch
cluster before you should even think about deleting the Graylog disk
journal.

Check the Elasticsearch logs for corresponding
hints:
http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.1/pages/configuration/file_location.html#omnibus-package

Cheers,
Jochen