Jochen, thanks again.

I did as suggested, then checked the status and etcd was down. I deleted
/var/opt/graylog/data/etcd/* and executed graylog-ctl reconfigure and etcd
status is just fine now.

I still however see:
*Elasticsearch cluster is yellow.* Shards: 4 active, 0 initializing, 0
relocating, 4 unassigned,

Is that something I should worry about it appears it's normal behaviour
based on the documentation
http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.1/pages/configuration/elasticsearch.html
 states:
*With only one Elasticsearch node, the cluster state cannot become green
because shard replicas cannot be assigned.*

One last question, how can I prevent running out of space. As I noticed on
the blog, 2.2 should come with some improvements in this area, but what is
the proper procedure for now. As I understand it, the server should
automatically delete older data, when the disk starts feeling up?