I've upgraded Greasemonkey and now my usual workflow doesn't work anymore.

Maybe I can get some help here.

I need advice for how to persist data between starts of a greasemonkey
script nad additionally be able to read and write the data from "outside".

My workflow was so that I hide certain links on a page when I've already
taken care of them.

This "taking care" is done outside the browser with some perl scripts.

When they are done, up to now, read in the gresemonkey user script, added
or changed some data and then stored the script.

That way, the next time I run the greasemonkey script, it found the new
data and k new what to hide.

Now the userscripts are stored in a database it seems for which I do not
know how to access it from outside the browser.

So my questions are:

   - Is there a way I can read or write the scripts from outside the
   browser?
   - Is there a way the user scripts could access data from the filesystem?
   - Is there any other advice you could give me for how I could solve my
   requirements?

BTW: Being able to read and write scripts would also help if you want to
edit them with a more advanced editor.