I’m attempting to update to Gregorio 5.0.1 on a Mac. When compiling, I continue
to receive the following error referencing the GregorioRef PDF:

! Package catchfile Error: File `GregorioRef.w18' not found.

See the catchfile package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.93     \CatchFileDef\@tempa{\ip@file}{}

 419 words of node memory still in use:
   2 hlist, 1 rule, 1 dir, 5 glue, 4 attribute, 51 glue_spec, 4 attribute_list,
 4 if_stack, 2 write, 1 pdf_colorstack nodes
   avail lists: 1:1,2:9,3:2,5:2,7:3,8:1,9:2
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
Transcript written on GregorioRef.log.
Latexmk: Index file 'GregorioRef.idx' was written
Failure to make 'GregorioRef.pdf'
Latexmk: Errors, in force_mode: so I tried finishing targets
Collected error summary (may duplicate other messages):
  pdflatex: Command for 'pdflatex' gave return code 256
rm: GregorioRef.pdf: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [GregorioRef.pdf] Error 1
make: *** [pdf-recursive] Error 1
Failed to build Gregorio.

————————

I tried uninstalling Gregorio 4.1 and attempting Gregorio 5.0 as new download,
which still gives the same error. Gregorio 4.1 still works on machine as a
result of the TexLive integration, although it was also incapacitated prior to
running the Gregorio Uninstaller.

I don’t believe that I have missed a step in the installation process, and have
never seen an installation fail because of a missing PDF file.

Any advice would be appreciated.