Am 07.11.2019 um 11:17 schrieb Sven Schreiber:

If there are more problems, I will post them in this thread (or collect
them first).

Ok, so here are various further notes and questions:

1) Is it necessary to add pdflatex to the w32tex installation
(recommended TeX variant in the build guide) ? Currently the configure
step tells me that pdflatex is missing and therefore the documentation
cannot be built. (I have installed w32tex under MSYS following the guide.)

2) In footnote 1 you mention that the Clearlooks theme Gtk DLL was
broken, is that still true? Or rather, how can I test that?

3) A remark for others: Copying & pasting commands from the build guide
sometimes fails because the typographic quotes in there are not the ones
needed on the shell. (Of course copy&paste was never intended.)

Then finally I'd like to follow up on the plan to use GTK3 for the
Windows build. For future reference, to me the paragraph under "Building
and distributing your application" on the page
https://www.gtk.org/download/windows.php sounds promising with respect
to themes and icons. But first the following:

a) I've installed with pacman the packages mingw-w64-x86_64-gtk3 and
mingw-w64-x86_64-gtksourceview3.

b) The configure step works fine, but with make I get this error:

In file included from C:/msys64/mingw64/include/gtk-3.0/gdk/gdkwin32.h:37,
                 from ../../gretl-git/gui/gretlwin32.c:33:
../../gretl-git/gui/gretlwin32.c: In function 'emf_to_clipboard':
../../gretl-git/gui/gretlwin32.c:393:40: error: 'GtkWidget' {aka 'struct
_GtkWidget'} has no member named 'window'
  393 |     mainw = GDK_WINDOW_HWND(mdata->main->window);

AFAICS the gretl GUI code for Windows is not GTK3-compatible there, right?

thanks
sven