Am 07.11.2019 um 19:12 schrieb Sven Schreiber:

So this is looking pretty good so far. The details of the packaging
remain to be sorted out (see previous message), but that shouldn't be a
fundamental problem I guess.

OK, some remarks or notes-to-self about the created contents of
install-runtime.sh (inside src\pkgbuild\win32\windist) and how it should
be changed for a GTK3 build.

- line 18:
SYSSV=${SYSBASE}/share/gtksourceview-2.0
would need to end in ...-3.0
(BTW, I'm noticing that in the subdir language-specs there's nothing
about gretl/hansl. Should such a language spec be submitted upstream to
GTK, or is it already in newer versions?)

- lines 21-28 together with 71-74:
all the "mdkir" and "cp" actions for gtk-2.0 are probably useless. The
only supported thing AFAICS would be:
mkdir -p ${TARGET}/share/themes/Default/gtk-3.0
(without "-key")
And in line 72 the file gtkrc apparently becomes gtk-keys.css for GTK3:
cp $SYSTHEME/Default/gtk-3.0/gtk-keys.css
${TARGET}/share/themes/Default/gtk-3.0/gtk-keys.css

- line 32:
Is the given path ${TARGET}/share/locale/$lang/LC_MESSAGES correct in
this context? I see the directory ${TARGET}/locale (without "share"),
but I'm not sure when exactly it was created. -- Ah, but in line 101 I
see some alias being created, so I guess that solves it (?).

- line 42:
libsvm.dll is not present in ${SYSBIN} here.

- lines 76-79:
None of these things seem to have analogues for GTK3? So just remove?

- line 80: replace gtk-2.0 with gtk-3.0

- line 106: replace gtk20.mo with gtk30.mo I guess.

So much for that. Allin, do you think it makes sense to already
incorporate these changes somehow in the source that creates the
install-runtime.sh file (conditional on win32 && GTK3 of course), or
should I first change the created file manually?

thanks
sven