Am 08.01.2022 um 15:33 schrieb Allin Cottrell:

On Thu, 6 Jan 2022, Sven Schreiber wrote:

it looks as if the panel-time information in the current dataset is
lost

Ah, in fact it was quite straightforward to ensure that panel time
information is restored on exit from a function that carries out
sub-sampling. That's now in git.

Thanks, Allin, that's great -- looking forward to it.

The secondary issue that Sven noted -- namely, panel time info is not
fully exploited under sub-sampling that preserves a panel structure --
is more complex. We can return to it later.

Actually, I checked in the GUI and also looked at the 'smpl'
documentation again, and we already have the --time option which seems
to work just fine.
(For example with the abdata.gdt data: "smpl 1976 1980 --time" does not
destroy the panel time information.)

OK, more sugar on top is always nice, but in this case it doesn't strike
me as very important.

thanks
sven