Am 22.01.2024 um 01:05 schrieb Allin Cottrell:
On Sun, 21 Jan 2024, Sven Schreiber wrote:

Am 21.01.2024 um 23:17 schrieb Allin Cottrell:
On Sun, 21 Jan 2024, Sven Schreiber wrote:

5. In the main window with the variable list, the new variable appears with a duplicated underscore, "hey__ho".

This is fixed in git. Snapshots will follow.

Thanks, Allin. I briefly checked out the patch, and I'm not claiming to understand it fully, but the call to single_underscores looks somehow suspicious. What would happen if someone really and on purpose entered a name with a double (or multiple...) underscore, would that be preserved?

It wouldn't take long to try the experiment.

I thought I wasn't set up to build from the git source and be able to run the GUI program, but it seems I'm in better shape than I believed. So the patch isn't doing stupid things, AFAICS, which only highlights that I don't really understand it...

thanks

sven