On Sat, Feb 17, 2018, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi Bertrand,
>
> > The 1.22.3.rc1 version can be downloaded here:
> > https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/groff/.  To build it and install it:
> >
> >   mkdir build
> >   cd build
> >   ../configure
> >   make -j
>
> Various compilation warnings result, that you probably know about.
>
> Output includes
>
>     common.roff: elapsed time: 0 seconds
>     common.roff: elapsed time: 0 seconds
>     troff: ../doc/automake.mom:54: can't transparently output node at top
> level
>     common.roff: elapsed time: 0 seconds
>     common.roff: elapsed time: 0 seconds
>     common.roff: elapsed time: 0 seconds
>     common.roff: elapsed time: 0 seconds
>     common.roff: 2018-02-17 12:44:52 +0000 Sat ***
>     fonts_n.roff: listing font 'AB'...
>     common.roff: elapsed time: 1 seconds
>     fonts_n.roff: listing font 'ABI'...
>
> Is that troff error and date OK?
>
>     troff: ../contrib/mom/examples/mon_premier_doc.mom:134: can't translate
> character code 168 to special character 'ad' in transparent throughput
>     troff: ../contrib/mom/examples/typesetting.mom:130: warning: can't find
> special character 'u00A0'

The "can't transparently output node at top level" and "can't
translate character code n to special character 'c' in transparent
throughput" warnings occur when gropdf is gathering entries for the
PDF outline.  They have no effect on the output.  I thought I'd
documented that, but, apparently, if I did, it wasn't in a good
place.  I'll have a look.

I did a fresh build today and am not getting the "can't find special
character" warning for typesetting.mom.  Normally you'd see this if
the -k flag were absent, but mom.am sets the -k flag.  I'm puzzled.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca