On 1/30/14, 2:27 PM, Ozbil, Mehmet wrote:
For Dummy atom, I tried to write DUM for atom type and give 0 charge but it
could not recognize the atom type. Then I just wrote the atom type with 0
charge but as I understand I could not make it a dummy atom. How can I do it?

The DUM type has no parameters assigned in ffnonbonded.itp in oplsaa.ff for some reason. You can easily add it; it has zero mass, zero charge, and zeroes for sigma and epsilon.

And also for the parameters, I understand the fact that the bonding and
non-bonding interactions will change, but I could not find  a good example or I
could not understand how to do it? In the manual, Section 5.7.4 there is an
example but I don`t understand where the gb_ parameters are coming from:

Unfortunately, the example is for Gromos96, which happens to work differently from all of the other force fields in Gromacs. The gb_*, ga_*, etc are simply macros for copying and pasting parameters from ffbonded.itp. The general form of the topology is always observed; see Table 5.5.

[ atoms ]
; nr type resnr residue atom cgnr charge mass typeB chargeB massB
1 H 1 PROP PH 1 0.398 1.008 CH3 0.0 15.035
2 OA 1 PROP PO 1 -0.548 15.9994 CH2 0.0 14.027
3 CH2 1 PROP PC1 1 0.150 14.027 CH2 0.0 14.027
4 CH2 1 PROP PC2 2 0.000 14.027
5 CH3 1 PROP PC3 2 0.000 15.035
[ bonds ]
; ai aj funct par_A par_B
1 2 2 gb_1 gb_26
5.7. File formats 135
2 3 2 gb_17 gb_26
3 4 2 gb_26 gb_26
4 5 2 gb_26
[ pairs ]
; ai aj funct
1 4 1
2 5 1
[ angles ]
; ai aj ak funct par_A par_B
1 2 3 2 ga_11 ga_14
2 3 4 2 ga_14 ga_14
3 4 5 2 ga_14 ga_14
[ dihedrals ]
; ai aj ak al funct par_A par_B
1 2 3 4 1 gd_12 gd_17
2 3 4 5 1 gd_17 gd_17

Also here the example for Gromos forcefield but I am using OPLS force field so
I assume these numbers will be different as well. How can I find the parameters
for B state for OPLS force field?

All of that information is in ffbonded.itp, as it is for all force fields.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences