Hi,

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 12:20 PM Albert <mailmd2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark.
>
> thanks a lot for your comments.
>
> These two peptides are isomers.
>
> I want to know which conformations is more favourable than the other
> from the aspect of potential energy.....

But that doesn't tell anybody anything. A low-energy state might be a high
entropy state. You sound like you want to observe a free-energy difference.

> However, the system potential energy and the peptide potential energy
> seems to be inconsistent with each other.... So I am pretty confused
> right now....

There's no reason to expect consistency. Replacing a hydrogen bond to water
by an internal one through changing conformation will change the PE of the
peptide, the water and total, each by different amounts. The thing that
matters is the relative frequencies of the conformations, but the PE
doesn't tell you that.

Mark

regards