On 1/21/18 10:46 AM, MD wrote:
On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 10:37 AM, Justin Lemkul <jalem...@vt.edu> wrote:

On 1/21/18 10:29 AM, MD wrote:

I modified the specbond.dat and change the cutoff to be 2.04A, still
nothing...

Please don't spam the list with minute-by-minute updates.

​
sorry
​for the scattered information, ​
I didn't mean to spam the thread..

Provide your pdb2gmx command, full screen output, and whatever evidence
you have that the bond wasn't formed. The definitive answer is in your
topology. If it's not there, we can diagnose.

​
command line: gmx pdb2gmx -f ncat.pdb -o ncat.gro -water spc -ignh -ss

Link CYS-335 SG-2487 and CYS-338 SG-2507 (y/n) ?y

There is no indication that anything went wrong, and this should have been done. Are you saying that there is no line in the topology specifying a bond between atoms 2487 and 2507?

-Justin

Start terminus THR-24: NH3+
End terminus LEU-385: COO-
Opening force field file ./charmm36-jul2017.ff/merged.arn
Checking for duplicate atoms....
Generating any missing hydrogen atoms and/or adding termini.
Now there are 362 residues with 5724 atoms
Chain time...

Back Off! I just backed up topol_Protein_chain_B.itp to
./#topol_Protein_chain_B.itp.5#
Making bonds...
Warning: Long Bond (3206-3204 = 0.339276 nm)
Number of bonds was 5800, now 5800
Generating angles, dihedrals and pairs...
Before cleaning: 15256 pairs
Before cleaning: 15446 dihedrals
Keeping all generated dihedrals
Making cmap torsions...
There are  359 cmap torsion pairs
There are 15446 dihedrals,  949 impropers, 10509 angles
           15142 pairs,     5800 bonds and     0 virtual sites
Total mass 40928.695 a.m.u.
Total charge -13.000 e
Writing topology

Back Off! I just backed up posre_Protein_chain_B.itp to
./#posre_Protein_chain_B.itp.5#
Processing chain 2 'B' (1 atoms, 1 residues)
Warning: Starting residue MG430 in chain not identified as Protein/RNA/DNA.
Problem with chain definition, or missing terminal residues.
This chain does not appear to contain a recognized chain molecule.
If this is incorrect, you can edit residuetypes.dat to modify the behavior.
8 out of 8 lines of specbond.dat converted successfully
Opening force field file ./charmm36-jul2017.ff/merged.arn
Checking for duplicate atoms....
Generating any missing hydrogen atoms and/or adding termini.
Now there are 1 residues with 1 atoms
Chain time...

Back Off! I just backed up topol_Ion_chain_B2.itp to
./#topol_Ion_chain_B2.itp.5#
Making bonds...
No bonds
Generating angles, dihedrals and pairs...
Making cmap torsions...
There are    0 dihedrals,    0 impropers,    0 angles
              0 pairs,        0 bonds and     0 virtual sites
Total mass 24.305 a.m.u.
Total charge 2.000 e
Writing topology

Back Off! I just backed up posre_Ion_chain_B2.itp to
./#posre_Ion_chain_B2.itp.5#
Including chain 1 in system: 5724 atoms 362 residues
Including chain 2 in system: 1 atoms 1 residues
Now there are 5725 atoms and 363 residues
Total mass in system 40953.000 a.m.u.
Total charge in system -11.000 e

Writing coordinate file...

Back Off! I just backed up ncat.gro to ./#ncat.gro.5#

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HOuMWAylWZOp1KP1cHRp82Y_EiM5xAc8QM5KCAOOkSo/edit?usp=sharing
​
  ​

-Justin