On 9/17/18 4:52 AM, Rakesh Mishra wrote:
Agreed.

But, I could not solve.
  So Justin, If I pull 3' end of one strand of DNA by taking as
3' end of the complimentary strand as a reference group (Note that
I have not fixed or not made it immobile ) then according to the theory of
newtons third law reference group (which is not immobile or not fixed )
will get
same equal and opposite pull and will move in the opposite direction.
am I correct.

You set two groups that define a vector along which a biasing potential is applied. The net displacement of either of those groups (or any other atoms in the system) is a function of the total force acting on all of the atoms. Newtonian mechanics always apply, but it's not as simple as "pull on X, and Y moves." Your system evolves under the influence of the biasing force.

Your results are probably somewhat confounded by the fact that you're pulling along a vector that is oblique to both the helical axis and the hydrogen-bonding plane. It's not trivial to apply forces to duplex DNA, so judicious choice of pulling vector is critical.

-Justin