Support adoption. I think that the appropriate way to discuss this without
stepping on IEEE feet is exactly this sort of document, which simply recommends
a tacit agreement among folks who are already likely violating IEEE "law" on
the matter that they'll all violate it in the same way, and covers the
operational considerations both of implementing/migrating and of deviating from
the official 1500 limit.

Thanks,

Wes

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.