Hello Robert,

> I think we really need to have a way to determine PMTU in the cases of switch
> in the middle having a mismatched value.

The experience shows that it's the IXPs customers that are misconfigured.  A
quick check on NETNOD showed a few that were not correctly setup.  This test
can be automated or checked manually.

> 6.  Testing customer MTU values
>
> An IXP operator can test the customer port MTU setting via a simple
>   ping [PING] packet. ...

So I think this issue is documented.

BTW: I assume I don't upload a 01 version till after all the discussion is
done. Right? I have edits in based on this mailing list and other feedback.
All good stuff and worth editing in.

Martin