On 18/09/2015 15:28, Jeffrey Haas wrote:
> What seems to be needed more than a standard as to what communities everyone
> should use is a method of exchanging the mappings for a given provider.

that would be difficult, as there is no way of exchanging exact semantics.
 I.e. one provider's opinion on how a specific community tag should be
implemented might differ from their peer's.

If the aim of this + other similar drafts is to create a set of
standardised community tags, then presumably this will also standardise on
the semantics for all of them.  If that's going to happen, then settling on
specific values will reduce overall complexity.

Nick