Hi,

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 05:15:09PM -0400, Jeffrey Haas wrote:
> We briefly discussed this during the bar BoF for BMP last IETF.  My
> apologies for not presenting text before this point.
>
> While there are use cases where an end-user may want per-peer rib-out state,
> some applications may not quite that level of granularity of information.
> In many cases, it is sufficient to know what route will be sent to the peers
> that belong to the BGP's peer-group/update-group.  (I'll be using peer-group
> for the remainder of this e-mail.)
>
> In such cases, the adj-rib-out in its current form can be quite noisy.  It
> effectively can turn the BMP feed into trying to squeeze the entire firehose
> of BGP traffic through the straw of a single session.

"per peer group" would actually match our use-case for rib-out much
better than "per individual peer".  So, support for that idea.

On the actual implementation, I abstain, as I haven't read up on the
technical details enough to make a qualified comment.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279