Hi,

first a remark: At DE-CIX customers can choose if they want the RS AS in the
path of the prefixes they receive from the RS or not (they need to send an
email to support to change the config).

Another thought - please correct me if I am talking rubbish as I have only
glanced at the RFCs...

If the RS would insert itself as an aggregator with the leftmost AS in the
path:
The path would not become any longer as AS_SETs count as one hop and the RS
would be visible...

cheers
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Tremmel, Head of DE-CIX Academy

Phone +49 69 1730902 0 | Fax +49 69 4056 2716 | acad...@de-cix.net
Geschaeftsfuehrer Harald A. Summa | Registergericht AG Köln HRB 51135
DE-CIX Management GmbH | Lindleystrasse 12 | 60314 Frankfurt am Main | Germany