Hi Chris,

Please see inline.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Morrow [mailto:christopher.mor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2019 4:28 AM
To: Guyunan (Yunan Gu, IP Technology Research Dept. NW) <guyu...@huawei.com>
Cc: Robert Raszuk <rob...@raszuk.net>; grow@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [GROW] I-D Action:
draft-chen-grow-enhanced-as-loop-detection-00.txt

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 3:21 AM Guyunan (Yunan Gu, IP Technology Research Dept.
NW) <guyu...@huawei.com> wrote:

> [...]

this is what BMP is for, it'll send along pre-policy content which would
include this route.
(I believe it would also be fine to use BMP to detect the outbound case you
chatted with Robert about already)

Yunan: Per the current definitions in draft-ietf-grow-bmp-adj-rib-out-03:

5.1 Post-Policy: "...Adj-RIB-Out Post-Policy MUST convey what is actually
transmitted to the peer, next-hop and any attribute set during transmission
should also be set and transmitted to the BMP receiver..."
5.2 Pre-Policy: "... Depending on BGP peering session type (IBGP, IBGP route
reflector client, EBGP, BGP confederations, Route Server Client) the candidate
routes that make up the Pre-Policy Adj-RIB-Out do not contain all local-rib
routes. Pre-Policy Adj-RIB-Out conveys only routes that are available based on
the peering type. Post-Policy represents the filtered/changed routes from the
available routes ..."

In the case that eBGP as split-horizon is enabled, this detected route can be
reported through pre-policy adj-rib-out, but not post-policy adj-rib-out (since
it's not allowed to be advertised).
In the case that eBGP as split-horizon is not enabled, then both pre/post
policy adj-rib-out contains this route.

It's actually a very good suggestion of using BMP server to do such analysis.
In fact we have also thought about this option previously. We can add this in
the new version.

-chris