Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 04:30:08PM +0100, Robert Raszuk:
> In general of course.
>
> I was just describing the *local ISP customer's* inbound peering policy.
> Sorry if that wasn't clear.

by "local ISP", do you mean Comcast? :)  For a very small provider,
existing policy language could be sufficient; we're all making due with
what we have, but it really depends upon how pedantic they wish to be
about A route's attributes and the volume.  the more pedantic they wish to
be, the larger the policy; the config becomes large and their devices may
not have resources to handle it.  That assumes that they have the information
to be pedantic; see efforts of many to improve (speed, accuracy, etc) IRR
data or utilize sidr data in other ways.

More programability is needed, imo.  IOS XR has made improvements here with
parameterized RPL, for eg.

as for the draft itself, isnt the origin case handled by sidr?  and the
transit case by proposed path validation?