Hi all,

I answer to myself: I found the solution :-)
I got it from after leaving the "Basic" preferences and switched to "Show All"
in VLC preferences.

In fact there are two points to understand the solution:

1. VLC app 3.0.0 still contains Growl Framework, but in fact seem to have ended
using it (maybe removed later?)
=> in the "Show all" version of the preferences you discover that Interfaces >
Control interfaces
now proposes OS X Notification plugin instead of Growl

2. You get it work correctly by using the checkbox above in the "Show all" (advanced) preferences
("OS X Notification plugin"), whereas using the checkbox in the basic preferences ("Enable
notifications...") does not enable it (maybe a bug?).

That's now clear.
Thanks for your help.
Regards,

-Yann.

Yann Ricquebourg wrote on 20/02/2018 at 14:10
Hi all,

Yes Chris, as I tried to explain in my very first message (included in the
included message ;-))
I can't get any visible notifications with VLC 3.0.0 (even after upgrading
Growl FW inside)
whereas I still can easily get notifications with former version VLC 2.2.8
(after upgrading Growl FW inside)

Yes there is a switch to enable "Growl notifications" (explicitely mentioning
Growl) in VLC (3.0.0 and 2.2.8) preferences, which is enabled for me.
I also tried to switch it off and back on to ensure it was taken into account
with VLC 3.0.0 without any success.

I also ran VLC 3.0.0 on a fresh user session on another macOS (High Sierra)
without Growl installed.
I thought upgrading the Growl FW inside with Growl Detective would trigger
Apple Notification Center... But nothing with VLC 3.0.0, whereas I correctly
get Apple notifications in that case with VLC 2.2.8

As a simple user, I would say that they kept the same Growl Framework inside
the new version of VLC 3.0.0, but they don't use it ;-) But of course I don't
know...

Regards.
-Yann.

Chris Forsythe wrote on 20/02/2018 at 03h16
Can you describe not working a bit more Yann? i.e. there's simply no
notifications? If so maybe they added a preference for notifications which you
have to go enable.

I'm just guessing though.

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 6:45 AM, Yann Ricquebourg <yann.ricquebo...@gmail.com