Hello once more.

I just realized that the whole thing could have been avoided if I had read
the description of the watch function in the protofile correctly. The whole
thing happened, because I was playing around with the generated grpc code
for etcd3 and at every turn if I gave one of the functions a wrong request
type, some sanity check would tell my that I made an invalid request. When
I gave a watchRequest to the watch function (instead of an iterator/stream
of watchRequests) the very same sanity check didn't trigger. Assuming that
it would be supposed to, should I open up a bug ticket for the grpc python
module ?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/cb79993f-59ee-46fb-a38d-bd2d9866004d%40googlegroups.com.