Hi Everyone,

We are close to  the 1.0.1 patch release for implementations that wrap the
grpc C runtime. We have published pre-packages into the usual repositories.

Please give these a try and report any issues via our issue trackers on
github, it will help ensure that our 1.0.1 release works well for you. This
is a PATCH release and as such, only contains bug fixes.

The 1.0.1 PATCH release for Java has already been released (notes

Issue tracker:

Notes on installation:

pip install --pre grpcio

pip install --pre  grpcio-tools

gem install grpc --pre

gem install grpc-tools --pre

npm install grpc

npm install grpc-tools

[sudo] pecl install grpc-beta

gem install ronn rake

git clone https://github.com/stanley-cheung/Protobuf-PHP

cd Protobuf-PHP

rake pear:package version=1.0

[sudo] pear install Protobuf-1.0.tgz
   Open Visual Studio / MonoDevelop / Xamarin Studio and start a new
      Note that if you’re using an older version of MonoDevelop or Xamarin
      Studio (or even VS2013, if your nuget client isn’t up to date), you may
      need to install grpc and its dependencies via the command line nuget. See
      pre-req, download, and build sections of
   Grpc.1.0.1-pre1 is now compatible with netstandard1.5. If you’re using
   the dotnet cli, and targeting a netstandard-1.5 compatible .NET framework
   like .NET Core in a project.json file, then you can add grpc-1.0.1-pre1 as
   a dependency and restore it with ‘dotnet restore’ (you can still target
   .NET 4.5 framework and use grpc in this way). See
   for an example that targets the .NET 4.5 framework.
   Add the Grpc NuGet package as a dependency (Project options -> Manage
   NuGet Packages).
   To be able to generate code from Protocol Buffer (.proto) file
   definitions, add the Grpc.Tools NuGet package that contains Protocol
   Buffers compiler (protoc) and the gRPC protoc plugin.
   Make sure to “show prerelease packages”.
      Or provide the -Prerelease flag to ‘nuget install’ if using the
      command line.

Kailash on behalf of the gRPC Team