Hi,

do you know the MSYS2 distribution for Windows? I built a grpc
package using their Mingw compiler there:
https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/tree/master/mingw-w64-grpc

Personally I find this the easiest way to use grpc on Windows. You
can also get protobuf and lots of other packages.

Cheers,

    Mario

On 19.06.2017 06:50, maach6...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi gRPC Group,
>

> I am new to windows application development with mingw , I am trying to build
> gRPC lib with mingw. But while building i am getting one lib missing error
> can any
> one help in this regard.
>
> /*
> */
>
>         /*Package libcares was not found in the pkg-config search path.*/
>
>         /*Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libcares.pc'*/
>
>         /*to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable*/
>
>         /*No package 'libcares' found*/
>
>         /*Package libcares was not found in the pkg-config search path.*/
>
>         /*Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libcares.pc'*/
>
>         /*to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable*/
>
>         /*No package 'libcares' found*/
>
>         /*Makefile:14148: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.*/
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/5cb1f228-fc90-43e0-a5ef-509ad0a363d4%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/5cb1f228-fc90-43e0-a5ef-509ad0a363d4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Viele Gruesse,

    Mario Emmenlauer

--
BioDataAnalysis GmbH, Mario Emmenlauer      Tel. Buero: +49-89-74677203
Balanstr. 43                   mailto: memmenlauer * biodataanalysis.de

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/5d42cb4b-ab8a-ec1a-ad4b-1e5a5e2601d2%40emmenlauer.de.