Hi!

Can you post exactly how you try to build the package and the
logs you get? I assume you are not using the MSYS2 makepkg
build script, are you? Did you modify the PKGBUILD?

I do not get this error so its hard for me to be certain. But
it looks like you would be missing libcares. Try installing
mingw-w64-c-ares?

All the best,

   Mario

Viele Gruesse,