The feature you're asking about actually has nothing to do with supporting
grpclb in DNS; it's actually about how to use an alternative DNS server for
testing.

I originally added support for specifying an alternative DNS server by IP
address (not hostname) to the c-ares DNS resolver implementation in
https://github.com/grpc/grpc/pull/10706, although there was a bug that
prevented it from working, which I fixed in
https://github.com/grpc/grpc/pull/11954.  If your build includes those PRs,
then you should be able to use the c-ares resolver with an alternative DNS
server specified as an IP address.

Note that the c-ares resolver is not currently the default DNS resolver; to
enable it, you need to run with the environment variable
GRPC_DNS_RESOLVER=ares.  There are still a few features missing from the
c-ares DNS resolver (such as CNAME resolution and address sorting), which
is why it's not yet the default, but we're working to fix that.

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 2:02 AM, 谭锦彪 <mirendet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,Roth.
>
> I got "dns_resolver.c:252]         authority based dns uri's not
> supported", when use dns like below:
>   ChannelArguments args;
>   args.SetLoadBalancingPolicyName("round_robin");
>   GreeterClient greeter(grpc::CreateCustomChannel(
>       "dns://localhost:8600/sag_test_grpc.service.consul-dev.",
>

>       grpc::InsecureChannelCredentials(), args));
>
> So What's your plan to supports this?
>
> 在 2017年2月1日星期三 UTC+8上午2:30:04,Mark D. Roth写道:
>>
>> I've put together the following gRFC for encoding grpclb data in DNS:
>>
>> https://github.com/grpc/proposal/pull/10
>>
>> As per the gRFC process, please keep discussion in this thread.  All
>> comments welcome.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Mark D. Roth <ro...@google.com>
>> Software Engineer
>> Google, Inc.
>>
> --
> msgid/grpc-io/0c3f5bcc-d5a4-48b2-9813-c31d884c94fb%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/0c3f5bcc-d5a4-48b2-9813-c31d884c94fb%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Mark D. Roth <r...@google.com>
Software Engineer