On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 7:44:54 AM UTC-7, cr2...@gmail.com wrote:

> Any thoughts on what is happening here ?  I know not a lot of details for
> you to go on :(

It's possible this is caused by a proxy between the client and server.  If
that is the case, client-side keepalive settings should be used to prevent
this if it is not desired.

On the gRPC server-side, there is a "max idle" setting:

https://github.com/grpc/grpc-go/blob/master/keepalive/keepalive.go#L45

It defaults to infinity/disabled, but you should make sure it's not being
set unintentionally.  If this is the cause, client-side keepalive will not
help -- keepalive uses pings, but gRPC's idleness detection considers only
active streams (RPCs).

The Java client is moving to the very latest version.  Are there concerns
> with compatibility we need to keep in mind with GO server side ?

There should not be compatibility concerns between gRPC 1.x versions across
languages.  Please file an issue if you encounter any.

Thanks,
Doug

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/acf39324-7260-4a32-b885-eef20977582b%40googlegroups.com.