Hi,

At the beginning I would like to admit that grpc is a very nice RPC
solution. I'm looking for some areas when I could contribute to that
project.

I've found various issues in the  implementation of DynamicThreadPool class
(grpc/src/cpp/server/dynamic_thread_pool.*) and I've prepared a new
straightforward and intuitive (IMHO!) implementation of that class + unit
tests.
I compiled grpc with cmake (archlinux, gcc 7.2) and all was fine. Following
documentation about running unit tests I've executed:

$ python2 ./tools/run_tests/run_tests.py -l c++

And only then I noticed that unit tests build uses *-fno-exceptions* flag
in opposite to cmake build where that flag is not used (so exceptions are
allowed).
Most of the issues found in the DynamicThreadPool concern the case when
exceptions are enabled. But still there are issues even when the exceptions
are disabled (for instance in case when memory allocation fails).

Why different compiler flags are used? Should cmake build be considered as
an experimental feature of grpc?

/Tomek

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/5c2241ee-df52-4bbc-b215-abc9d6e1f90c%40googlegroups.com.