I did get grpc and protobuf  compiles to WASM but it is not working yet,
even after enabling SharedArrayBuffer on my browser.  I'm getting a type
exception on the first call to Atomics.store() that is trying to allocate
memory for pthread support.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/83f83b99-5360-4076-b49c-69a8c7c1536b%40googlegroups.com.