I am afraid no error message was shown so I had to use a process of elimination to figure it out.

Michael and the rest of the team: Do you have any advice on how I can get this pure JS version of grpc running on nodeJS version on v8.6.0? I am restricted for my current project with this version.

Version 8.6 supports http2 experimentally with the --expose-http2 command line argument. However, I cannot get the library to work. Any help or workarounds you can offer? What features of 9.x or above does it require specifically?

Thanks in advance!