Assuming you are using protobuf-maven-plugin
<https://www.xolstice.org/protobuf-maven-plugin/>, it doesn't matter that
the generated files are under /generated-sources. The generated classes
should be added automatically to your build path by the plugin. Just import
them with the proper package names and your source should compile.
If it still doesn't work, you may want to share your whole project source
so that other people can diagnose for you.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/048c8e31-abc6-4a0b-80d8-b42e4a210642%40googlegroups.com.