ext {
    springBootVersion = '2.0.4.RELEASE'}
repositories {
    mavenCentral()}
dependencies {

classpath("org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-gradle-plugin:${springBootVersion}")
    classpath("com.google.protobuf:protobuf-gradle-plugin:0.8.5")
    }}

plugins {
id 'java'}

apply plugin: 'org.springframework.boot'
apply plugin: 'io.spring.dependency-management'
apply plugin: 'com.google.protobuf'
group 'com.project.grpc.roleservice'
version '1.0-SNAPSHOT'

sourceCompatibility = 1.8

protobuf {
protoc {
    artifact = "com.google.protobuf:protoc:3.5.1-1"}
plugins {
    grpc {
        artifact = 'io.grpc:protoc-gen-grpc-java:1.16.1'
    }}
generateProtoTasks {
    all()*.plugins {
        grpc {}
    }}}

repositories {
    mavenCentral()}

dependencies {

compile('org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-data-jpa')
compile('org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-web')
compile( 'io.grpc:grpc-netty-shaded:1.16.1')
compile('io.grpc:grpc-protobuf:1.16.1')
compile('io.grpc:grpc-stub:1.16.1')
compile 'io.github.lognet:grpc-spring-boot-starter:3.0.0'
runtime('org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-devtools')
runtime('mysql:mysql-connector-java')
testCompile (group: 'junit', name: 'junit', version: '4.12')}

my proto file

syntaxsyntax="proto3";

package com.project.grpc.roleservice;

message UserRequest {
    string userName=1;}

message RoleReply {
    string userRole=1;}

service UserRoleFromServer{
    rpc getRoleUser(stream UserRequest) returns (stream RoleReply);}

proto file

syntax="proto3";
package com.project.grpc.roleservice;

message UserRequest {
    string userName=1;}

message RoleReply {
    string userRole=1;}

service UserRoleFromServer{
    rpc getRoleUser(stream UserRequest) returns (stream RoleReply);}

do i need to add something in build file

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/b58d8200-0780-46cd-99bb-51603c0f8667%40googlegroups.com.