Thank you for your reply!
1. The first time:
The transition from idle state to connecting takes: 3377 ms,
The transition from idle state to ready takes: 3679 ms
2. The second time:
The transition from idle state to connecting takes: 1643 ms,
The transition from idle state to ready takes: 1797 ms
3.The third time:
The transition from idle state to connecting takes: 1019 ms,
The transition from idle state to ready takes: 1049 ms
4. What is my enviroment?
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2.6 GHz 6 core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

在2023年8月23日星期三 UTC+8 04:31:28<Larry Safran> 写道:

> Another question is whether this is the same the second time you create a
> channel.  The first time, the JVM may be taking time doing class loading.
>
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2023 at 8:41 AM 'Yuri Golobokov' via grpc.io <
> grp...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> What is the round-trip time? How much time does DNS resolution take?
>>
>> On Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 12:02:21 AM UTC-7 邹会江 wrote:
>>
>>> ### JAVA Code
>>>
>>> ```
>>>             channel =
>>> ManagedChannelBuilder.forTarget(param.getTarget()).build();
>>>             long channelStart = System.currentTimeMillis();
>>>             asyncStub = ASRRouteGrpc.newStub(channel);
>>>             asrResponseStreamObserver = new
>>> ASRResponseStreamObserver(speechTranscriberListener);
>>>             requestObserver = asyncStub.route(asrResponseStreamObserver);
>>>             RouteRequest requestConf = newRequestHead(param);
>>>             traceId = requestConf.getAsrConfig().getTraceId();
>>>             ConnectivityState currentChannelState =
>>> channel.getState(true);
>>>             while (currentChannelState != ConnectivityState.READY) {
>>>                 CountDownLatch latchUntilChannelReady = new
>>> CountDownLatch(1);
>>>                 channel.notifyWhenStateChanged(currentChannelState,
>>> latchUntilChannelReady::countDown);
>>>                 latchUntilChannelReady.await();
>>>                 currentChannelState = channel.getState(true);
>>>                 if (currentChannelState == ConnectivityState.CONNECTING)
>>> {
>>>                     long channelConnecting = System.currentTimeMillis();
>>>                     LOGGER.info("The transition from idle state to
>>> connecting takes: {} ms", channelConnecting - channelStart);
>>>                 }
>>>             }
>>>             long channelReady = System.currentTimeMillis();
>>>             if (LOGGER.isInfoEnabled()) {
>>>                 LOGGER.info("Trace id: {}, channel start time: {},
>>> channel ready time: {}, creating channel takes: {} ms", traceId,
>>> channelStart, channelReady,
>>>                         channelReady - channelStart);
>>>             }
>>> ```
>>> ### LOGGER
>>>
>>> ```
>>> 2023-08-22 14:12:34,816 INFO  client.ASRClient - The transition from
>>> idle state to connecting takes: 1009 ms
>>> 2023-08-22 14:12:34,841 INFO  client.ASRClient - Trace id:
>>> 6afd2c67-e8c5-4cea-bd5c-4b82591a52aa, channel start time: 1692684753807,
>>> channel ready time: 1692684754841, creating channel takes: 1034 ms
>>> ```
>>> ### Description
>>> #### code logic
>>> 1. first create channel
>>> 2. mark a time stamp(channelStart) after the channel is created
>>> 3. get the state of channel ,the state is IDEL
>>> 4. when the state of channel changes from IDEL to CONNECTING,mark a time
>>> stamp(channelConnecting)
>>> 5. when the state of channel changes from CONNECTING to READY, mark a
>>> time stamp(channelReady)
>>>
>>> #### Log info
>>> 1. It takes 1009ms for channel from IDLE state to CONNECTING state.
>>> 2. It takes 25ms for channel from CONNECTIONG state to READY state.
>>> ### What's i supposed
>>> 1. Does it take too long for a channel to change from IDLE to CONNECTING?
>>> 2. I want to reduce the time it takes for a channel to go from IDLE to