I have been working with gRPC 1.43.0 and tried today to upgrade to 1.57.0.
However, when I try to build for debug, the cares submodule doesn't compile
because the types "struct ares_addrinfo", "struct addrinfo_node", and
"struct addrinfo_cname" are not defined. Here are a couple of sample error
messages:

/ares__addrinfo2hostent.c:68:32: error: invalid use of undefined type
'const struct ares_addrinfo'
   68 |   if (family == AF_UNSPEC && ai->nodes)
      |                                ^~
/ouster/grpc/third_party/cares/cares/src/lib/ares__addrinfo2hostent.c:74:14:
error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct ares_addrinfo_node'
   74 |       if(next->ai_family == family)
      |              ^~
      |                               ^~
/ouster/grpc/third_party/cares/cares/src/lib/ares__addrinfo2hostent.c:227:30:
error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct ares_addrinfo_cname'
  227 |       next_cname = next_cname->next;
      |                              ^~

Has anyone else seen these errors? Any suggestions on how to get past this
problem? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-John-