Not really. gRPC logs are enabled through an env var, and even then, you
need to enable specific components.

Anyway, I found the fix was I needed to call

tlsOpts.watch_root_certs();
tlsOpts.watch_identity_key_cert_pairs();

If these need to be called, I don't see why I should have to call them
instead of the constructor calling them, but that resolves it.