Hello,

We have a stream of messages with map<string, string>. It is guaranteed
that a lot of strings repeat themselves over multiple messages. I would
like to avoid paying the price of allocating multiple copies of the same
string in the same stream. Perhaps there is some easy way of implementing
that on the gRPC level?

We could hook into `proto.Marshaler` but it's not possible to pass custom
parameters there and if there were then there is no way to create a
per-stream string/symbol table. Ideally, it wouldn't be a global symbol
table because streams typically have very different strings.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance,
Giedrius