Hi,

This problem "Python.exe has stopped working" was becoming more frequent and
annoying. Recently I found its solution that I want to share:

I noticed that this problem happens only on my Windows 8 x64 machine. So
probably it was due to some problem with Python installation. I removed EPD
Canopy and installed Python 2.7.8 from https://www.python.org/downloads/

And then installed following Libs (most of these are available at
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/) compatible with Python 2.7

WxPython

Matplotlib

NumPy

SciPy

PyOpenGL

Python Imaging Library

dateutil

pytz

pyparsing

six

last four libraries are probably required to run NumPy and Matplotlib
properly.

Rerun the GSAS2 and problem solved :)

Regards,

/Shoaib