This is controlled by the subversion repository and software. I think it is
easily changed. As of version 2629 the u+x bit should be set up updates if I
got it right.

I should note that this is an unusual use case. Most people start GSAS-II using
some version of

        <path>/python <path>/GSASII.py

(since we don’t expect that the python found in the path will have the right
packages).

Brian