Dear GT users,

We are announcing an end-of-life date for GT 5.2.5. Starting November 1, 2015,
we will no longer support or maintain GT 5.2.5 or earlier versions of the
Globus Toolkit. We believe this is sufficient notice for users of GT 5.2.5 to
plan and complete their upgrade to GT6.

GT 6 was released in September 2014 and we are encouraging all users to move to
this version as it provides multiple benefits over past releases. In
particular, GT 6 has significantly simplified the building, testing, and
distributing of the Toolkit, making it much easier for the developers to
generate updates with bug fixes and new features, and for admins to install and
maintain. We are currently working with package maintainers for EPEL, Fedora,
Debian, and Ubuntu to ensure that the latest updates to GT6 are available
quickly and included in these distributions. The latest GT release may be
downloaded from: http://toolkit.globus.org/toolkit/downloads/6.0/.

Note that a GT release that is at end of life is: not supported, not receiving
any updates (no minor, major, security fixes of any kind), and is not being
built or tested on new OS versions. As with most open source projects, we have
limited resources and many competing priorities so it is not possible for us to
cost-effectively maintain multiple past releases if we are to continue
delivering new features and improvements.

Thanks for your continued support of Globus.