Greetings All,

   - I wanted to know how parallelism is implemented in GridFTP?
   - I wanted to know if you could point me to the exact code where
   parallelism is implemented and utilized?
   - I wanted to know how parallel data channels communicate with it's
   associated control channel? is it through an entity that manages the data
   channels and the associated control channel? If so, what is this entity?
   - I wanted to know if parallel data channels share the same file handle
   when transferring file chunks of a particular file. Or does each data
   channel has it's own file handle
   -  I wanted to know for concurrent file transfers (multiple concurrent
   GridFTP sessions/ server processes how are the processes synchronized to
   transfer multiple files at the same time? How does each concurrent
   GridFTP server know which files to transfer? and/or what entity
   distributes the files to each concurrent server, if processing a file
   request that is really a directory of files?

Please note I am using globus-url-copy as my client and performing third
party data transfers as stated below.

*GridFTP servers started on computers: WS12 and WS7*

globus-gridftp-server -aa -p 5021 -log-level all -logfile /home/logfile.txt

*Globus-url-copy executed on computer WS11*

globus-url-copy -vb -p 1 -cc 4 -dbg ftp://didclab-ws12.cse.buffalo.edu
:5021/home/2GB_File.dat
<ftp://didclab-ws12.cse.buffalo.edu:5021/home/lrodolph/2GB_File.dat> ftp://
didclab-ws7.cse.buffalo.edu:5021/home/2GB_File_Copy.dat
<ftp://didclab-ws7.cse.buffalo.edu:5021/home/lrodolph/2GB_File_Copy.dat> >>
throughput.txt

--
L. Ph.D. Candidate